During the first half of 2012, Facebook has enjoyed an eventful year: its IPO was [moderately] successful. It bought Instagram, the world’s most popular photo-sharing app in April, days before the initial public offering, and it boasts close to a billion users around the globe. The question is will Facebook successfully transform itself [...]
Gradually, as the information starts to come through, it is becoming increasingly clear that the flotation of Facebook will likely be a catalyst and symbol for everything that does not work on Wall Street. It is an issue that deeply divides analysts as this IPO was based more on hope and faith in [...]
No doubt, Facebook’s IPO will be popular (or notorious) in the public market’s history. Notably, it is still a young company that is testing the waters. To ensure a successful future for Facebook, the following points should be considered.
According to Zuckerberg, Facebook’s growth is due to the sharing factor. However, with this sharing [...]
The recent Facebook IPO has brought a lot of attention to Mark Zuckerberg and his methods of building his business into a massive corporation. While Mark Zuckerberg may not be the most comfortable person in social situations, he revolutionized a big chunk of the [...]
Possibly to counter the public statements by famed investors Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger (also of Berkshire Hathaway tickers: BRK.A, BRK.B), and Jim Rogers (the “adventure capitalist!”) — who say they’re not interested in buying the Facebook IPO, Woz speaks out about his bullishness for social media’s long-awaited Facebook IPO. Steve Wozniak, this tech icon, [...]
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Facebook (ticker symbol: FB) has set its IPO price range at $28 to $35 range for their May 18, 2012 initial public offering of stock — which is only two weeks away! After all of this waiting, stalling, and posturing – Facebook will become a publicly traded company [...]
Tags401K AAPL acquisitions AIBYY alexa.com Amazon AMT AMZN Arab spring BIDU BP BX CAT CCI CMCSA CNBC Columbia DIS Eduardo Saverin ETF Facebook Facebook IPO Fast Money FB FDX GOOG Gowalla GS halted Harvard HNW Howard Lindzon HubPages hulu IDCC inactive accounts initial public offering Instagram institutional investors IPO itunes Ivy League John Neff Kevin Systrom KFT lawsuit lead underwriter LNKD Lottery Lucy market cap Mark Zuckerberg Matt Taibbi Media and Communications Fund Menlo Park millionaires MMI Morningstar MS MSFT NDAQ nerds NFLX NYSE NYX Occupy Wall Street open mobile social P patents popular chicks PRMTX proxy revenues risk Rolling Stone S-1 secondary market Sharespost SlashGear Social Enterprise Stanford Steve Ballmer Steve Grasso stock options StockTwits Sun T T. Rowe Price ticker symbol Timeline TWC Twitter valuation vampire squid VOD VZ Yahoo Yale YHOO ZNGA
United States 80 % 80 % Canada 5 % 5 % United Kingdom 2 % 2 % India 1 % 1 % Australia 1 % 1 % Singapore 1 % 1 % Malaysia 1 % 0 % Netherlands 0 % 0 % Philippines 0 % 0 %
- Will Facebook Survive the Coming Years?
- The Facebook Issue on Wall Street Reveals the Dark Side of Stock Flotation
- Beyond IPO: Implications of a Public Facebook
- 5 Business Lessons We Can Learn From Mark Zuckerberg
- Steve Wozniak, Tech Icon and Apple Co-Founder Says He’d Buy Facebook at Nearly Any Price
- Facebook’s IPO Price Range and the Roadshow Video, Billionaires Cashing Out, and the Drama of Binary Options
- 3 Things You Can Learn from Mark Zuckerberg
- Welcome to our new site SHOULD I BUY FACEBOOK IPO: Thanks for visiting our discussion about what should be the biggest IPO of 2012, and of the last few years. Is the highly anticipated initial public offering of Facebook a great opportunity for individual investors, or is it a trap of overvaluation? Please enjoy the content here, feel free to share and comment, but then please do your own individual research and consult your own advisors before you commit any risk capital to any investment, including an IPO. Please sign up for our email list!